- Has your organization run races before?
We've run small to large sized events for over 9-years, from 75 to 12,000 participants. We've organized numerous types of functions, races and charitable events in a whole bunch of States. We're finally back home in Boston!
- Why should I register early?
So you are guaranteed to make the cut. Max races limits the # of participants to help ensure the highest quality race. It's first come, first serve unless you're a member of the More Cowbell™ Club…
- Where do I affix my race numbers?
There will most likely be three to affix. One on the front of your helmet, one on your race shirt in the front (or race belt) and the third on the frame of your bike.
- What happens when the weather is horrible on race day?
We can't predict the weather nor what the specific circumstances will bring, but chances are good that we'll race! Wouldn’t want to waste all that training.
- How do I find my Transition Area spot?
Your bib # corresponds to your TA spot. Each row is marked with a sign at the end that shows the bib #s that below to that row, then each spot is specifically marked.
- Do I have to be a member of the USAT to compete?
No. You don't have to be an annual member but you will need a 1-day pass to race. This is covered in more detail during the online registration process.
- What if my chip malfunctions or it comes off during the race?
It's happened to us. Just bring it to a Volunteers attention during the race and tell the guys at the finish line and we'll record your time using alternate means.
- What are the benefits of the Race Series?
We get to know each other better, you have an increased chance for awards and your 2008 triathlon season is guaranteed to be fun and rewarding, to name a few.
- When will I receive the Athlete Packet?
Definitely in advance of race day. We have to wait until within reasonable close range of the race because some athletes register late. Since late registrations can cause havoc on Traffic Plans, Wave determinations, parking plans, etc., please register early.
- I've heard that training is better if it follows certain blocks or periods. What is this type of training and is it effective?
Yes, it's very effective. Sounds like you might also benefit from the Newbie Hotline. So, please use the Contact Us form and drop us a note and we'll explain more details by phone.
- How can I contribute to one or more of the charities you've designated?
Part of your proceeds goes to the benefactors plus the Athlete Packet will describe the process for making contributions directly.
- How long will the post-race ceremonies take?
They are an excellent part of the event. Accolades are deserved and the raffles have always been well received. We'll work through them expeditiously.
- Will there be people at all turns on the bike portion of the race?
Yes. Just be careful on the turns and follow the directions they tell you to obey.
- How many water stations will there be?
Water stations vary by race. We'll make sure there are plenty to keep you hydrated at various locations throughout the courses.
- Is raising money for charity mandatory to race with Max Performance?
No. Supporting a charity for a Max race is completely voluntary.
- Where did the name Max Performance come from?
Besides the obvious athletic metaphor, our dog is named Max. And he's one amazing dog. He has over a 30-inch vertical leap, swims effortlessly in the ocean, and runs the 40 in 3.3. We're working on the bike part with him now…